Monday, March 2, 2009

One Day at a Time

Yeshe became a monk when the was 22, he has conquered
anger, memorized the Webster’s English dictionary, and
spent 17 years meditating in a cave in the Himalayas. So,
for the past three days I have set my alarm for 7:00am to go
to meditation classes, conquering anger sounds pretty good
to me. I have may learn things from him including , “ lose
your money you have lost nothing, lose your wealth you have
lost something, lose your health you have lost something
else, lose your credit card---you have lost everything!”
He laughs when he says this, he has never used or needed a
credit card in his life. Also as we are stretching and doing
yoga he tells me; “you are a traveler you have stepped in
the worlds greatest oceans and climbed to many great
heights, but you have never stepped on your face, so try
it” His laugh is wonderful and deep and sounds as if it is
echoing through a cave.

This afternoon His Holiness returned from Southern India
and I got to see him as he passed by on his way to the
temple, it was incredible to see him, but even more
incredible was the crowd. I wasn’t expecting to feel very
much of anything but, as he approached the crowd of 1000
swelled with love—truly astounding.

I am at work now and the sun is going down, the mountains
will turn pink soon. Tonight I will again set my alarm for
7:00am so tomorrow I can get up and meditate before
breakfast of tea and a boiled egg, then I will head to work
. Days are becoming routine here but, but never dull, and
just when you think you know what’s up, a monk tells you a
dirty joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment